tarfs problems

Hello to everybody! First I should note that mc is the most frequent
program I run... Except xterm and bash probably :-)

There are couple of tarfs oddities I encounter pretty often, so I have
finally decided to write about them. Both has been reported earlier. The
first deals with incremental archive (reported by Jiri Bajer on Tue, 18
Mar 2003 14:00:35 +0100). I have created a Savannah bugreport #8684. The
text of the report follows and the tar file to reproduce the problem is
available at Savannah.

TarFS fails to display contents of incremental tar archive.

Steps to reproduce:

tar -cg testmc1.snapshot -f testmc1.tar testmc1

testmc1.tar is attached.

mc 2004-03-05-08 compiled from sources
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25 from Fedora

Another one is at Savannah #7473 (mc don't view tar archive) and I wonder
if some advice/fix is available.

Thank you very much in advance
--
                      Leva