Re: protection against removing read-only files

It is far too easy to remove read-only files with mc.  Either I've
missed a configuration option to make mc warn if a read-only file
is going to be removed (similar to the `rm' command), or such an
option doesn't exist.

If the latter is true please implement this feature!

The unset write attribute protects files against modification.  It
doesn't protect files against deletion.  Deletion is modification of
the directory where the file resides.

"Options->Confirmation->confirm Delete" in the menu requires
confirmation when any file is deleted.  I suggest that you never
unset that option.

I want one more level of protection.  First, the warning window with

   Delete file `foo.bar'

pops up (if `confirm Delete' is set), then another warning window with

   File `foo.bar' is read-only.  Really delete?

should pop up.  Most GNU tools (e.g. `rm') behave like this.

    Werner