Re: Problems with subshell

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

You did compile your kernel with pty support?
And you do mount devpts? With an fstab line like:
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0

  Yes...I did compile everything in...but I didnt MOUNT it...sigh
  Sorry for the false alarm.

  But one question remains: I am using devfs(d). So...do I have to
  mount devpts /really/ after calling devfd and not in fstab...
  or are there other chnces ?

Yes, you have to mount it.  devfs would manage /dev/pts automatically in
the past, but this functionality was removed to avoid code duplication
between devfs and devpts.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin