Re: Alt-O behaviour

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Jani Monoses wrote:

was the change in 4.6 which made Alt-O function differently from older
version intentional and if it was is this behaviour configurable back?
This keeps me using 4.55 still.

This was an intentional change because the original behavior was
inconsistent.  The documentation claimed that it was compatible with emacs
dired, but it wasn't.

The patch was introduced in a PLD package.  PLD is Polish Linux
Distribution.  I thought that if distributors considered it necessary to
change that command, then they considered it as a bug.

I think mc will have "advanced options" soon, and the old behavior of
Alt-O could be one of them.  But I don't think it should be restored as
is.  Do you miss Alt-O on directories or on ordinary files?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin