MC Installation Nightmare!

Guys,

The Sun OS binary you keep for midnight commander on ibiblio.org - why did
you have to use pkzip or whatever to zip the archive - PLEASE can you
recompress using gzip. It is a bloody nightmare trying to get the files out
when you've only got gzip on your system!!! This is a BIG usability problem,
i.e. I can't use your software because of this. Yes, I've tried compiling
the source, and huge probs there also. Fix please!

Cheers
Alex

Sys Admin.