Re: a few small problems

Hello!

Having committed the above to print, an examination of the source shows
that it has already been done, an extract from src/OChangeLog ...

Sat Dec 6 23:24:23 1997   Yuri Kuzmenko <yuri microsoft kiev ua>

        * main.c: added -r command-line option. It removes
      "The shell is already running a command" message in

I think it's a hack.  I don't think anything like that would be applied now.

This command line option ( -r ) is mentioned when running mc --help but
it is missing from the manual page. Attached and below is a patch to
remedy this for the english version in mc-4.6.0-pre2/doc/mc.1.in , if
the text is deemed suitable.

I don't think we can document this option with a straight face.  Even if it was
implemented in a safer way (i.e. with Ctrl-C before sending the command line),
it would be an option available from the GUI rather than a command line option.

      After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done.

Agreed.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin