Midnight Commander 4.6.0: Menu "FIles"->"chOwn". Bug or feature ?

Hello :)

I have my own authorization system, based on NSS mechanism of "glibc" and SQL
database. So I have not any records in "/etc/passwd", "/etc/group" and
"/etc/shadow" files for some users. All programs (like chown, ls, login etc.)
works with it correctly. But "mc" does not show those users and groups.

I think it read "/etc/passwd" and "/etc/group" directly instead of using
"getpwent" and "getgrent" functions calls. Why ? It's a bug or a feature ? If
it's a feature, how it can work with NIS ?

mc 4.6.0, ASPLinux 9.0 (based on RedHat Linux 9.0)

---
With best regards
Antony Y. Bolotin