[OT] Changes in mailing list configuration

Hello!

The mailing list mc-devel gnome org has been attacked by the Sobig.F
virus.  I have removed more than 200 copies from the moderation queue.
For each message held in the queue, Mailman (the mailing list software)
sends a message saying that the post is awaiting moderators approval.
Since the return address in the virus is picked in from the address book
and the web cache, the messages from Mailman could have reached real
people who didn't post anything to the list.

To prevent this from happening, I have turned off the Mailman notification
message both for mc gnome org and mc-devel gnome org   I'm sorry for
possible inconvenience, but sending 200 bogus notifications a day is
unacceptable.

I hope that the mail administrators of gnome.org will deal with the
situation by installing filters and/or a newer version of Mailman, but if
nothing is done, moving the lists to gnu.org will be the only option.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin