Re: C-o on OS X doesn't work properly (SOLVED)

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 01:14:06PM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
Hello!

Greetings. Control-o is one of the key combinations I use most on Linux
with MC (which is my favorite file manager). Now I installed it on OS X
via fink, and it, well, almost works: That is to say I do get a blank
screen upon pressing C-o, but no prompt. If I then hit enter, it drops
me back into the normal MC screen.

Maybe you are using an shell that mc cannot use as subshell?  mc supports
bash, tcsh and zsh.  If your shell is not supported, but the screen saving
is, then what you get is similar to what you describe.

You can try to set the SHELL variable to a supported shell when running
mc, for example:

SHELL=/bin/bash mc

I get the very same behaviour under Cygwin.

This is fixed in the current snapshot of mc.

I just ran the current snapshot

mc-2003-04-23-22

through the compiler on OS X 10.2.5 with the latest developer tools and
fink installation, and it works out of the box! Neat.

(the latest fink package from the stable and the unstable sections both
DON'T work)

Regards, Frank