Re: Survey results

Hello!

Quick View panel with bitmap display -> errrr, right. that for one isn't
going to happen in MC (especially not on linux console) Although aalib
could be applied.

What's wrong with Linux console?  I don't think it's impossible with
framebuffer support.  Perhaps you meant a console of some other operating
system.

ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins ->
Our transparent system could in principle work on all of these. does
.cab work already?

No.  *.cab files have different formats supported by different utilities
cabextract and i6comp.  It should be possible to write a unified script
for extfs that would try both, bot nobody wrote it, as far as I know.

Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
-> Do we have proxy support?

Advanced Midnight Commander claims to support FXP.  Maybe it's time to
incorporate that code.

As for HTTP proxy, it's a different protocol, so it's quite a lot of work.
Don't know if it will be ever supported.  Unless, of course, somebody just
implements it.

-> Actually, is MC usable in windows at all?
And many more!

Given that 4 people use it, it must be useful.