Re: Fwd: Re: Getting a White (vs. Gray) Background

OK, darn, looks like I screwed up.  Turns out Sourceforge did respond
to my question, back on 4 Jan 2002 (support request 499185) saying that
they use "Debian GNU/Linux stable platform, with stock configuration
for mc and terminal settings".  (I don't know how in the world I missed
that, but, anyway...)

I use Mandrake 7.2 and 8.2.  Tried to install Debian once and set it
aside for the time being.  Can anybody who is using MC on Debian
confirm that the default colors for say the "main" "directory panel"
are black text on a white background?

If so, any hints on how I can get that executable and move it to
Mandrake?

thanks, and sorry for not checking back on that request before sending
my first post

Randy Kramer