Re: FTP Link

--- Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org> wrote:
Hello!

Using F5 to copy (upload) a file to an FTP I get
"Cannot close target... Op not permitted(1)"
What do I do about that?

Probably you should report the problem to the
mailing list.  Please visit
http://www.midnightcommander.org/ for instructions
how to do it.  You may
consider upgrading to the latest version first.

Also when mc rereads the FTP directory there is a
message: "File ... exists but cannot be stat-ed:
no
such file"
What does that mean?

The message is indeed unclear.  It means that the
stat() or lstat()
function fails on that file, so it's impossible to
tell what kind on file
it is (or even whether it's a directory).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin

messages about mc.
I am on Debian Sid and they are still at 4.5.55  I
hesitate to jump the gun and do my own installs, I end
up with problems usually. I'll have to install an FTP
client, but I'd prefer to do it with MC.
Thanks. Regards.