Pause after run

  Hi!

I'm using mc on FreeBSD under X, and I have
a problem which I can't see on Linux.

When I press Ctrl-O to switch off panels, they
disappeare fine, but if I start to type anything
in command line, panles became visible again.
But I don't want them until I press Ctrl-O again.

Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix this?

I have set "Options->Configuration->Pause after run..."
to "on dumb Terminals". TERM environment variable
is set to xterm-color.

  Thanks!

P.S.
  Please honor my address in CC when replying,
  I'm not a subscriber.