Re: Norton Commander?

it is also the same case with me. i used norton commander quite a lot in dos
age and early stage of win95. but now nc can't be used under NT4.0 and Win98
and Unix and Linux. so for NT4.0 & Win98, i turn to volkov commander, for Unix & Linux, i turn to MC. all are clones of nc.

I've been using this interface since, what was it?, 1982, that's twenty years, it's coming out in my blood samples now. :^)

Started with Norton, went to Volkov, when I needed long file names switched to Windows Commander, that is not free but shareware, but nonetheless a great program, and the best I've seen on any Windows until now. Christian Ghisler still has a 16-bit version for Win3.1!

I'm not current on the MC port to Windows, or whether it can run under Cygwin, but it sure would be nice.

--
"I mean, if 10 years from now, when you are doing something quick and
dirty, you suddenly visualize that I am looking over your shoulders

Nicola Larosa - nico tekNico net