Re: tar vfs memlimit?

Hello!

not meaning to annoy, just wishing to understand. ;-)

No need to apologize.  Your message is very useful.

occasionally, i get a hint:
    Hint: Have you plenty of RAM/Virtual RAM? Set the tar VFS memlimit
to -1.

This hint would have never been added if I was maintaining mc those days.
Hints should not cover defects in the user interface.

the only place i see a memlimit is in vfs/vfs.h:
    extern int tar_gzipped_memlimit;
(otherwise unused - a relict?)

Yes, I've removed it together with all strings referring to "-1" in all
hint files.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin