RE: midnight bug - feature request

Hi!

Additionally I'm not familiar in developing and
distributing programs
under Linux, so the downloadable version (the zip file) is all the
files I got after a "make clean" command. Makefiles are
still exists.
I think I should remove the

There is magic target "dist" for make in mc's Makefiles.  But make
distcheck is ever better :-)

Thanks a lot! :) It works... ;)

The distro package it created can be downloaded from
http://www.wish.hu/mc-2002-11-20-17-patched2.tar.gz

all and some other files, too, but I don't want to do it
one-by-one,
and don't know the way to do it automagically.

Making patches is not too hard after reading man diff.  Unified diffs
are more welcomed among mc developers (diff -u).  Pavel Roskin

Patches in unified diff format:
http://www.wish.hu/mc-2002-11-20-17-patched.udiff

distribute usefull shell script called ldiff for making
patches. You need to backup files with some extention (say
orig) before you
change these ones, and after hacking you just need to run
ldiff .orig > patchname.patch
from mc source directory.  There are should not be symlinks in the
source tree because find -path ignores symlinked directories.

Sounds good. I'll do it this way next time. Where can I get ldiff?
Can you help me to find a program that can do patching using the patch
file?

Bye,
  Andras