Fish VFS crashes when connecting to Linux SSH server

Hi MC users & developers,

Whenever I try to connect to Linux based SSH server with fish VFS
(eg by cd /#sh:myname myhost dns name/my/directory ) the mc
crashes with memory protection fault.

My mc version: 4.5.55 (debian/testing - but debian/stable behaves the same
                      way)
My ssh version:  OpenSSH_3.0.2p1 Debian 1:3.0.2p1-9

Has anybode experienced the same problem and possibly fixed it?
--
                                TIA & regards,
                              Wojciech M. Zabolotny

http://www.debian.org  Linux - free OS for free people!