arrow keys problems

Hi!

Sometimes, at unpredictable moments, when I use the arrow keys in my
MC 4.5.55 (build from sources on my Debian Potato Pentium system)
appear in the command line the letters "A", "B", "C", "D" if I
remember corectly.

I applyed the patch that came with the sources to terminfo and added
the XTerm resources to my ~/.Xdefaults. And I used "Options -> Learn
Keys" facility, and save them, but the problem is still there.

I run the "mc" from an XTerm window - you figured that.

The same is happening in the editor, too. That is very unpleasant
because when I scroll the file using the arrow keys I'm getting some
letters whitout knowing it and I have to search those chars and remove
them.

Any hins, please!? Thanks.

Regards,
C.A.Dumitrescu