Incorrect version number.

Hi!

I just installed Midnight Commander 4.5.55 from
sources. When I run it like this "mc -V" it tells me
that the version number is 4.5.42.

I checked the "$PATH" and the right binary is
executed. I mean the binary just build was copied into
/usr/local/bin/mc and this one gets executed.

When I run it from the install directory (./src/mc -V)
it reports the correct number (4.5.55).

I previously had version 4.5.42 which I didn't
uninstalled when I did "make install".

This problem troubles me, although it is a minor one.
But I am really uphappy about this.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? Please.

Thanks.

--C.A.Dumitrescu