Re: Which directory from the commandline appears in which Panel ?

Hello!

When I invoke mc like this:

   mc x y

where x and y are names of directories respectively, directory x does not
necessarily appear in the left directory panel as I would expect.

x is the directory on the active panel.  If you have "Auto save setup"
enabled in the Options->Configuration menu, then the active panel is the
panel that was active last time you were using mc.

So my question: Is it possible to force mc to display its first argument in
the left and its second argument within the right panel ?

I don't know of any way short of disabling "Auto save setup" alltogether
or setting "current_is_left=1" in the "[Dirs]" section of ~.mc/ini from a
script before you run mc.

If this is not possible: What are the rools for diplaying the directories
named on the commandline either in the left or the right panel ?

I have tried to figure this out by looking at the sources, but wasn't able
to understand what really happens within handle_args() ...

Check create_panels().

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin