MC exit dir.

Hi. MC has a behaviour I really, really hate. This behaviour is that mc will start in a wd, then I will move around inside the tree in mc, and when I exit, it will set my pwd to where mc was. I don't want this. Short of rolling back to Slackware 8's mc, or doing nasties to the source, is there an option to restore the non-pwd-messing behaviour?
--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.