Gnome version

Hi,

I'd like to use the Gnome version of MC. Now the docs to 4.55.5 say gnome support has been removed.
Still I want it (because I think Nautilus is one of the biggest piles of crap one can encounter and I'm not
alone BTW) but don't know up to which version gnome is supported. If anyone knows, please tell me.

Or, if someone knows a good, fast, dragndrop and desktop links and MIME supporting desktop/file manager for
Gnome 1.4 I'd like to hear about that, too. I've tried ROX filer but don't like it too much.

In fact, I'd like something like M$ Explorer (please don't LART me) - for it's functionality, not for the
environment or stability...

Dex