Re: re: mc dav dev

Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:58:35 -0500 (EST)
From: Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>
To: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser mobil cz>
cc: mc gnome org
Subject: Re: re: mc dav dev

Hi, Roman!

    While Pavel *does* mention it, I'd like to strees the availability
    of smbfs, which is a kernel-side, open-source implementation of what
    you're probably (I don't follow this list too closely, and do
    wholesale deletes from time to time) looking for:

My understanding is that Marc wanted to write a webdav client useful on
many OSes, not just on FreeBSD, so this is not a good example.

    ah, ok.

I would like to avoid duplication of efforts.  If you are interested in
VFS development, help GNOME VFS.  I'm open to fixes for MC VFS, but let's
not spend too many efforts on a filesystem designed for one application.

    no, not at all. I just thought I'd point out the existence of smbfs,
    since sharity light allows only one mount at a time, and has some
    other strings attached IIRC.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
11:44AM up 18 days, 18:08, 16 users, load averages: 0.06, 0.01, 0.00