du output?

Is there a way to use du -s output for directories' size column instead of the default display (4096 for most
dirs, on my system) that makes little sense to me? Or a switch between the default display and du display?

If it's not implemented, how difficult it might be to add an external call for du (e.g. upon some keystroke)
and replace the size values for selected dirs with the du output? Is there a similar functionality in mc from
which I could borrow code?
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup