Re: Mouse interface for text mc via console telnet

On 5 Sep 2001, at 9:25, Ferdi Louw <ferdi gpvno co za> wrote:
> On 4 Sep 2001, at 17:19, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > You could search for documents about xterm mouse reporting,
> > but I just want to suggest you one. Get rxvt-2.6.3 from
> > ftp://ftp.rxvt.org/pub/rxvt/rxvt-2.6.3.tar.gz and look for "mouse"
> > in doc/rxvtRef.txt

I did, and it seems to be very easy.

> > > How can I send the mouse clicks to the linux box? My emulator allows
> > > me to add scripted functions. Currently I translate mouse clicks into
> > > certain keystrokes depending on position and content on the screen.
> >
> > At least implement xterm mouse reporting without the ability to disable
> > it. Even that will be safer.
>
> Yes - I guess that is the direction I should be looking at.
> My idea was that I send an escape sequence from the terminal to mc
> giving the type of mouse-click and the position. Something like:
> "M-mouse 1 down;03;56". It would then work from many different
> terminals, provided they can translate their mouse-clicks to the required
> string.

My idea is almost exactly what xterm does.
Did I understand you correctly that mc would ignore this sequence if it does not come from a proper xterm?

Ferdi             :-)
-----oooooOOOOOOOooooo-----
Ferdi Louw               Internet:ferdi gpvno co za
INET web/ftp site: http://www.gpvno.co.za/
Tel.   +27(12)803-6501(work)     +27(83)287-5735(cel)
       +27(12)803-4131(fax)      +27(12)80-432-68(home)
S-mail: GP van Niekerk Ondernemings, 211 Roos Street,
        Meyerspark, 0184, Pretoria, South Africa
Private: 505 Graniet Street, Silverton, 0184, Pretoria
-----oooooOOOOOOOooooo-----
Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with.