Re: MC for Win32 revival

Hi, Zdzislaw!

Graphical shells are very well known in the DOS and Windows world with the
most prominent Norton Commander in the lead (and I think that it isn't a
coincidence that MC stands for Midnight Commander).

Correct.

Another one (IMO much better than NC) is FAR (File ARchiver).

Whoever then comes out with the idea of graphical shell for DOS/Windows
should be aware of the existance of at least those two products.

I think it's true not only for DOS and Windows.  It's usually a good idea
to be compatible with other software (even for other platforms) when it
comes to user interface.

A question to Pavel. Back in 1990-91 I've been working with QNX very often
with the help from some graphical shell. Could it be MC?

I don't think so.  The old ChangeLog for Midnight Commander starts in
1994.  Also the copyright for the widget library (src/widget.c) starts in
1994.

P.S. Please don't quote parts on the original message that are not
essential for your reply.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin