Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

Hi!

Also, like Vlad said, is this so likely really? Most applications are
shipped as RPMS or .debs these days, you dont really see plain binaries
much.

Most software comes as packages, but on the same time I feel that
installers that acts as front-ends for installing the packages are also
becoming more common, in my opinion, so that the user has not to care
about learning the package manager commands. The Ximian installer for
example :-)

Such installers are evil.

If you must, make it so that right-click on package and selecting
install automagically installs package. (Double-click on package
should still open it as a .tar file).

                                                                Pavel
--
I'm pavel ucw cz  "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss linmodems org