Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- From: Pavel Machek <pavel ucw cz>
- To: Christian Rose <menthos menthos com>, Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>
- Cc: nautilus-list eazel com, mc gnome org, prion-me-harder ximian com
- Subject: Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 13:20:53 +0200
Also, like Vlad said, is this so likely really? Most applications are
shipped as RPMS or .debs these days, you dont really see plain binaries
Most software comes as packages, but on the same time I feel that
installers that acts as front-ends for installing the packages are also
becoming more common, in my opinion, so that the user has not to care
about learning the package manager commands. The Ximian installer for
Such installers are evil.
If you must, make it so that right-click on package and selecting
install automagically installs package. (Double-click on package
should still open it as a .tar file).
I'm pavel ucw cz "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss linmodems org
] [Thread Prev