Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

Not a bad idea I guess. With nautilus you can just
<right-click>/Show Properties and edit the permissions from there.

I know, but it is more stuff that we could figure out for the user
ourselves.  The only problem I see is potentially downloading
dangerous code from the network and it would make it too easy for
users to launch arbitrary code from the network.

You should be able to mock up your idea by adding a simple application that
is registered as the handler for elf/a.out files which does what you described.

OH!  Good thinking, that is very good thinking!

One issue might be that executables and shared libraries are the same format.
(I think)

They are both ELF files, but you can tell them appart.

Miguel.