Re: files > 2G under Solaris

Hello, Maksym!

Does MC support files > 2G?

It depends. It should support them on 64-bit OSes, i.e. on the systems
where sizeof(long int) = 8

However, MC doesn't have any specific support for large files on 32-bit
operating systems. It can be added, but I haven't seen a single person
asking for that.

If so, was anybody successful in getting MC to see large files under
Solaris7?

What platform are you using? i386, Sparc or UltraSparc? The answer may
depend on that.

I doubt that anybody who knows the answer at least for one platform will
reply. I suggest that you take the latest snapshot and try it. If
something goes wrong describe your problem in the list.

MC may have problems viewing, editing and copying large files. It could
show their size incorrectly. But I think that in any case they will be
visible on the panels.

The last snapshot can be found here: http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/mc/

--
Regards,