Installing Problems

I'm currently trying to install  mc-4.5.54 and i'm getting stuck on this
part of the config:

checking for glib-config... /usr/exodus/fkwok/glib/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter
case, you
*** may want to edit the glib-config script:
/usr/exodus/fkwok/glib/bin/glib-config
configure: error: Test for GLIB failed.  MC requires GLIB.

I intsalled GLIB in ~/glib/ and I was wondering what to configure in the
glib-config file for the installation to see it.  I'm new to UNIX , so I
don't know much.

Thanks.