Re: Quick view

On Sun Oct 2, 2022 at 10:53 AM CEST, Andrew Borodin wrote:
On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 10:14:23 +0200 "Riccardo Paolo Bestetti" <pbl bestov io> wrote:
- Some of the files that ca be successfully rendered in the viewer (e.g.
  HTML, images*, PDF) show up as plain text/binary dumped as ASCII
  instead in quick view

It's a feature[2]. Quick view shows file in the raw mode to avoid any delays
required to get some info of the file.

I'm not proposing having parsed mode by default in quick view. I'm
proposing having the ability of switching to it. Users who don't want
that won't see any difference.

- Directories show the string "Cannot view: not a regular file" but it
  might be a good feature to show the contents, or maybe a short
  description of it ("X images, Y documents")

Again, to calculate directory statistics, or get some info of file, we need
some time. Any delay can annoy users.

See above.

Riccardo P. Bestetti