Re: Quick view

On Sun, 2 Oct 2022, Andrew Borodin wrote:

- Directories show the string "Cannot view: not a regular file" but it
  might be a good feature to show the contents, or maybe a short
  description of it ("X images, Y documents")

Again, to calculate directory statistics, or get some info of file, we need some time. Any delay can annoy users.

Well, I vaguely remember that FAR had such a feature, and it was pretty nice. One should just think of stuff we can show fast and keep in mind VFS limitations...

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev