Re: change default configuration

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 05:01:17PM +0300, Sergey Naumov via mc-devel wrote:
   I'm curious whether there is a way to change default configuration
   that is generated when user invokes mc for the first time?

according to the manual's FILES section, you can create
$prefix/share/mc/mc.ini.

fwiw, i always found that default setting rather surprising and
counter-productive, too. the vim/emacs/etc. hardliners will find the way
to launch their personal deity, err, preferred editor soon enough, while
average joe (in as far as he uses mc at all) won't appreciate being
dropped into vi by default ("how do i quit that crap?!" was also my
first experience).