About 4.8.16 (was: Re: mc^2 news (january 2016))

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 22:17:33 +0100 "Yury V. Zaytsev" wrote:
On a related note, I think we (or, rather, I) should start thinking
about releasing 4.8.16 sometime soon. There is quite a bit of good stuff
accumulated in master already.

I agree.

The biggest problem now is that the cleanup branch again has became quite huge.

The cleanup branch contains about 50 commits. Most of them are small and clean.

But I can always tell to myself that I trust Andrew's good judgment :-)

Thanks!

Andrew, what do you think of this? Do you have any personal plans as to
what do you want to get done before 4.8.16?

No, I don't. We can release 4.8.16 after review and merge of #3566 and #3547.

IIRC, we don't have tickets that are so critical to be included in release.
But I can mistake because we have 540 open tickets and I can forget something.

--
Andrew