Re: small request

Perhaps having something like "save directory paths", "other-dir" or similar as Paul mentioned could be added with the default to just be ON.  This could always be overridden by unchecking it and saving settings.  But no one will ever complain about having this back because no one complained until it was lost when mc 4.8 came out :)
Would this really be too hard?

We're talking about default fresh install settings. I don't like mc saving settings unless I tell it, also. But to make things easy for new users, what should the default setting be?

I vote for auto-save. It makes mc "seem" smart.

--
Peace and Cheer