Call for help: Please test patch to 3449

Hi,

The latest stable release (4.8.14) has an infamous segfault bug that's
been unresolved for half a year now.

I created a patch, it's attached to
https://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/3449

Could you guys please test this patch thoroughly?

It seems to work for me, but I haven't had the change to stress-test
it. It would be nice to test the trickier cases as well, e.g. when the
system locale vs. the file's charset don't match (you alter the
charset in mcview with Alt+E), etc., whatever you can think of.

It would be great to have a 4.8.15 release in the near future (let's
say within a month) if everything's fine.

Thanks,
egmont