Re: mc and me

On 11/4/15, Egmont Koblinger <egmont gmail com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I've been thinking about writing something like this for quite a long
time...

Egmont, I feel for you!

(I hope these are suitable words. I'm not an English speaker. At this
moment I'm hungry and tired so I'm giving up revising that sentence
;-)

It'd pain me greatly to see you go or no longer contributing. I'm
relatively new here and you (and Yury, and Andrew) are the only one(s)
I've seen showing care/love towards MC. So, in a very straightforward
way, you're very precious to me - and to every user of MC. Not from a
utilitarian point of view but also from that of being a kin - bonded
by love for MC. Though I don't think we're a crowd that differentiates
between "love" and "utility" when it come to our hobby software! ;-)

Probably #3534 comment 18 was the last straw (a one-character
change probably not making it into the next release).

I'm sorry that I chimed in there. I thought I could help expedite
matters by providing "review" to help bring the issue to conclusion,
but, alas, my "contribution" there added needless volume and probably
did the opposite.

On the up side, every comment of yours there attest to your
thoroughness. Not that I needed more evidence for that. One needs to
read only few of your tickets to understand that the community can
entrust you with responsibility.

The question is: backwards, or forwards?

So indeed, Yury, why not forward?

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the coffee is a brewing,
and a cheery letter from Egmont is waiting; what can be better than
that?