Re: Article about Midnight Commander on OpenSource.com

Hello David,

On Wed, 27 May 2015 08:14:00 -0400
David  Both <dboth millennium-technology com> wrote:

I like Midnight Commander very much. And I have authored several
articles for OpenSource.com. My latest, which has been in progress
for several weeks - long before the current developers announced that
they would be retiring from the project - is about Midnight
Commander. Please check it out.

That looks very nice, and thanks for these efforts - I'd say that's the
area to which few other folks pay attention to, so it's really helpful
to know that some people don't just think what will happen when current
generation of mc user will die off, but actually try to make sure that
new users get acquainted with it.

If you want feedback beyond "it's cool!", I'd say that you should use
default mc theme for screenshots (to give least surprise to users who
actually will try it out). Or perhaps have a screenshot with a default
theme and your custom theme and then mention in the text that mc is
configurable down to the level of theme and colors.

http://opensource.com/business/15/5/midnight-commander

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml gmail com