Support Request: mcedit

Title: Support Request: mcedit

Dear Sir,

I'm using your product on a Linux server (distribution SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 3).

The version I'm using is the latest version in the official repository : GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.2-pre1.

The problem I have is when I'm modifying a text file using 'mcedit' and the connection goes down, the file will be closed. How can I restore the file?
There is any temporary file that I can use to restore the missing part of the file?
I've searched but I didn't find anything.
If function is already developed in a later version, how can I update my version?

Thanks for the support,

Best Regards,
Fabio Abbiati