Re: Vim's modeline support

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:32:28 +0200 Tomasz Wasilczyk wrote:
Hi,

I recently needed indentation styles set per-file (not globally). Such
feature is supported by vim with modeline mod enabled, but my favorite
editor is mcedit. So, I've just wrote modeline support for mcedit.

Here is the patch against current git: http://pastebin.com/99anc269

This is rather a proof-of-concept, than final pull request. If you
find it useful to add its support to official mcedit, I could polish
this commit (I guess, mc_findinfile should be moved somewhere and
named differently).

Yes, it is useful. Please create a ticket on www.midnight-commander.org.

By the way: how to enable BlockShiftLeft/BlockShiftRight? I tried
editing mc.keymap, but none of locations where i put it didn't worked.

System-wide in /etc/mc/keymap, section [editor]. For reference:
BlockShiftLeft = alt-shift-left
BlockShiftRight = alt-shift-right

For user only, the same is in ~/.config/mc/mc.keymap.

Both cases are work for me.

Be sure that shortcuts you choose are supported in your terminal.

--
Andrew