mc-4.8.7 drop selection on CK_Store

I've patched mc-4.8.7 to get desirable behavior for Ctrl-Ins + Shift-Ins copy-paste and selections which I haven't managed to achieve playing with persistent_selections option. But I'm not sure that this patch is correct for every combination of options values.
Is it possible to include this behavior in persistent_selections option or to introduce new option?

For some reason I can't login to trac even after I changed my password, so I'm sending my patch by e-mail.

Sergey Naumov.