Re: Midnight-commander.org is down

On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 09:10 +0200, Egmont Koblinger wrote:
To me this sounds like a huge overhead and probably a huge cost too
for something others could freely take care of for you.

It's virtually zero overhead to maintain the machine (at the scale of a
project such as mc) once it has been set up, which is to be done once.

Personally, I don't have serious objections against migrating to a cloud
service though, as long as one can back up the data (remember Berlios).

One upside of having an own Trac instance is that its much more
customizable and you can do it you own, as opposed to a "take it or
leave it" cloud service policy.

Anyways, the biggest problem at the moment is getting hold of backups,
and not getting a new box up and running.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev