Some of us are trying to figure out how to configure keybindings in mc

Hello,

I got this email address from /mc-4.8.1.7/contrib/

I'm seeing questions out there (and I also want to know) about
configuring keybindings for mc. Ex:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14803529/changing-the-key-bindings-of-midnight-commander-as-vim/15931930#15931930

For me it's in the context of a much larger concern (mc being a part of
a much larger system which relies heavily on keybindings). I'll need to
be able to design my own system of keybindings in order to deal with
tiling wm, mc, and other console apps.

Can you please provide some direction on this?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Jake