Re: [debian mc maintainer wanted] Re: mc stable 4.8 vs. precise pangolin

On Sun, 2012-01-22 at 02:08 +0300, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
> > What needs to be done for that?  Figure out Ubuntu's release schedule (when
> > is the version freeze etc.), talk to the maintainer of MC package, release
> > the first stable of 4.8 branch (4.8.1.1) rather soon than late (I'm almost
> > sure they wouldn't include an officially non-stable release in LTS) ??? --
>
> Yeah. Debian just needs one active mc maintainer who would _push_ latest
> stuff to sid at least on a regular basis. Patrick is too busy to handle that
> righ now.

There is some commotion w.r.t. reviving the pkg-mc team so that we can
make it on time for precise. If anyone is interested please subscribe to
pkg-mc-devel lists alioth debian org and follow the discussions there.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev