mc appends apostrophe to PATH environment variable

Hi!

I just found that mc appends an apostrophe to the PATH environment
variable, rendering the last entry in the search path unusable. As this
has not been seen before, it looks to me that one of the last updates
introduced this.

The problem can easily be reproduced:
- enter a valid PATH specification
- export PATH
- env|grep ^PATH= shows correct value
- startup mc (not using the wrapper scripts)
- enter the command "env|grep ^PATH="

-> PATH environment variable has an appended apostrophe now

I'm currently using:
GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.2
Built with GLib 2.30.3

Build and installed on up to date Gentoo based system.

Feel free to ask for more information, if required. I'm not subscribed
so please mail me.

--
Harald