Re: wishlist: selective erase

So basically you want to be able to tag files, then restrict the
listing to the tagged files...

Yes. And since this feature has been ignored by Norton clones for
about two decades while it was available elsewhere, I'm not going to
waste my time and suggest it to MC. Nobody is more deaf than the one
who does not want to hear.

Did it even come to your mind that there was only one person (Janek)
over the last few years who was apparently using tree view and stepped
up to improve it?

Yeah, this might be the reason why there are no X11 file managers that
offer tree view with expand/collapse while the feature is commonly
available under Windows.

Hint: WTF this has to do with orthodoxy?

Please google for "orthodox file manager".