Re: tree view, more tweaking

Andrew Borodin said:     (by the date of Sat, 15 May 2010 09:35:22 +0400)

> On Fri, 14 May 2010 18:05:41 +0200 Janek Kozicki wrote:
> > I was working to improve the tree view feature
>
> Thanks! It seems that Tree widget is almost unused by MC users
> therefore it exists as is without any developing and improving.

Very nice! Thank you for your positive feedback :)

Sorry for late response, typically I have very little time during the
week. In fact that day when I produced that patch, I should have been
doing something else, but that tree view in mc was bothering me so
much, that I couldn't focus on my own work without fixing it ;)

During the course I have learned a bit of how that tree-view code
works, and I already have an idea how to optimize the current patch a
little bit more. Depending on your patience you can either apply this
patch or wait for the next one.

Also I'm thinking about adding symlinked directories to the display,
but I'm not sure if I'll achieve that. That is because in my dirtree
I am extensively using symlinked directories.

> > I would be extremely happy however if you would consider applying
> > this patch, after your review (and some cleaning perhaps).
>
> Would you create a ticket at the www.midniht-commander.org? Thanks.

I have just registered on the website. I'll try to investigate later
how this trac system works, I never used it :)

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |