Alt+function keys and other keys

Hello,

    Following the bug I reported ( http://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/2064 ), I've been trying different terminal emulators and combinations and wasn't able to get these keys (mostly function keys with Alt, Ctrl-Alt, Ctrl-Shift, Alt-Shift, Ctrl-Alt-Shift, also Home/End/PgUp/PgDown disturbances) to work on Midnight Commander. Upon pressing the key, mc will ignore it and print part of the escape sequence.

    I've been trying with the various terminal modes in Konsole (xterm XFree 4, xterm XFree 3, Linux, VT420PC, VT100, Solaris) with the correct TERM settings (as well as some which were slightly incorrect), as well as xterm with the default options, urxvt (TERM=rxvt-unicode) and some other terminal emulators I could find, with and without the configuration for learnt keys in ~/.mc/ini . I have been unable to get these keys to work in an X terminal.

    Do they work for any of you in any X terminal with any settings? If so, could you tell me which?

    I'm using mc from the Debian sid package:

GNU Midnight Commander 4.7.0.1
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish
With builtin Editor
Using system-installed S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
Data types: char 8 int 32 long 64 void * 64 off_t 64 ecs_char 8

Any tips? Thanks in advance.
~Miguel Pérez
--
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico, considera tu responsabilidad medioambiental.

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.