Re: Translators: release is coming

Hi again!

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 09:16 +0200, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

> Please make the corrections that you absolutely want to enter the
> release ASAP.

Well, it turned out that I was not as bad at sending out reminders as
one could think about it. Because of the holidays in the beginning of
May (and the consequent absence of some of the developers) the release
will be cut around May, 5, so you have at least a week :-)

I'd like to draw your attention to few issues though.

* #2146 (Misleading label "Status:" in the Info panel) has been closed
recently and introduces and important change in the strings. I have seen
quite a few of you guys translating "Status:" as "Created:" which is
simply incorrect. Please refer to the ticket for more information.

https://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/2146

* #120 (Compare files command would be nice to have in mc) introduces
new strings in the context of the diff / merge tool similar to Meld

https://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/120

* Check out the following bug report in Debian:

I think most of the translations have similar problems, so please review
whether the shortcuts you assign to the menus are unique and consistent.

* Finally, please don't leave the stable branch behind as well, if you
have time and ressources. Debian Squeeze freeze is coming and this is
what's gonna get into it and subsequently in Ubuntu.

Thanks!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev