Re: testfarm

Hi!

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 12:34 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> Slavo asked me to publish my test scripts, so here they're :)
> You probably need to fix some pathnames. Ah, and a copy of the
> repo has to be in __repo.git ...

This looks interesting. Am I correct that this is only a framework for
build tests for different combinations of build options (builds /
doesn't build) and doesn't have anything to do with functional tests
(e.g. works / doesn't work)?

Did you consider any other ready made open source testing frameworks for
this?

As you might already know, I'm building nightlies for all currently
supported RH distros (with the exception of EL3) for almost half a
year.

This has proved to be of great help, but now that I spared some money
for new hardware I might consider doing the same for Debian / Ubuntu and
running some kind of functional / build testsuite on a daily basis with
the results published on the web / mailed to the list in case of
failures.

It would be nice if we could introduce some officially supported testing
framework in /contrib to check for most prominent bugs / general build
options coverage etc.

I need help though. Keeping this stuff running is already time-consuming
enough, so I won't be able to develop tests and keep them up to date.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev